This is one of the easiest cookie recipes ever. You don’t need a mixer. All you need is a large bowl, the ingredients, and a wooden spoon. Makes about 45 cookies.
- ¾ cup pre-sifted flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 ½ cups quick oats
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Tear off a long strip of wax paper and lay on counter.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and combine well. Chill for 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drop teaspoon-size dough onto prepared baking sheet, leaving two inches between cookies.
- Set pan on middle oven rack and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cookies rest 30 seconds before removing from pan. Set on wax paper.
- Store cooled cookies in container with a tight-fitting lid. Note: Coconut, walnuts, or dried cranberries may be substituted for chocolate chips. These cookies freeze well.